Beautiful Resin Floor Coatings-MilwaukeeAchieve Beautiful Finishes with a Resin Epoxy Floor Coating CONTACT US OR GET A QUOTE
You Now Have Lots of Options for Resin Floor Coatings in Milwaukee
Resin Epoxy floor coatings are versatile and great for garages, basements, workshops, and other indoor concrete surfaces you may have. Milwaukee area Black Rhino Floors partners with world class resin epoxy manufacturers to make boring concrete floors into beautiful finished floors that are durable, slip resistant, and economical. Surprising, the secret is not in the epoxy so much as the surface preparation of the concrete. We prepare concrete floors with industrial diamond grinding equipment which ensures optimal penetration and adhesion of your resin flooring. We then use commercial grade flooring products that can withstand traffic and chemical spills creating a long lasting floor coating.
Since resin epoxy flooring is self-leveling, we use this floor type primarily on level surfaces. We grind high spots, fill low spots, and the epoxy will help level the floor when added. Do you have damaged concrete? In many cases, we can repair concrete allowing for a resin floor coating to be added. If the concrete is too damaged, we have other options, such as a mortar coating, that will repair your floor, give you a long-lasting finish, and be cheaper than removing and replacing old concrete.
A typical application for a concrete floor consists of an epoxy primer, a color base coat and two layers of polyurethane. Because of curing time, it does usually take 2-3 days from prepare to finishing most residential floors.
If you would like, we can talk about how we can beautify and protect your floor with Resin Coatings!
PRO’s and CON’s of Using Resin Epoxy on Concrete Floors
- Economically priced
- Easy to Make Beautiful
- Almost an unlimited number of color options and designs including flakes for added beauty
- Resistant to chemicals, oils, and hot tires
- Lasts a really long time on your floor
- Not as abrasion resistant as some of our flooring options
- Longer dry time than some of our floor types
- Potential VOC vapors while curing
- Cannot be applied in very cold temperatures
- Not the best outdoor product – Ask us about other concrete coating options for outside
- Difficult to install without training and experience (you may get bubbles and other imperfections if you don’t know what you are doing).
Resin Epoxy Floor Installation Process
- ,Step 1: Grind – Black Rhino Floors uses an industrial grade concrete grinding machine with diamond tooling to prepare the surface for proper adhesion.
- Step 2: Repair Floor – Any major crack repairs are done at this point. Based on the amount and type of cracks, there are various methods and materials that can be used in fixing them.
- Step 3: Apply Resinous Base Coat
- Step 4: Apply Epoxy – We add the appropriate colors, metallics or glitter at this time, too.
- Step 5: Apply Top Coat
The fun thing about resin epoxy floor coatings is that you can have a wide variety of looks. Some people even make beautiful concrete tables for corporate conference rooms with the epoxy. You can mix glitter or metallic colors into the epoxy or other types of flakes for a granite look or just for a fun color scheme. Adding flakes creates depth, movement, and eye-catching results that you can also find in retail facilities, art museums, showrooms, and more. These floors allow for unlimited customization in color, design, and, as importantly, provide traction control.
At Black Rhino Floors, we focus on providing Milwaukee area residents beautiful, durable, LONG LASTING floors that you will be happy with for a long time. We provide our services and ensure we give you good value for your money. Call us today to learn more about your resin flooring options.
Contact us for a free consultation today