Marble Epoxy Floor Coatings
Marble Epoxy floor coatings are extremely versatile for a basement, workshop, retail, or any floor as well as a decorative conference table or countertops. Epoxy flooring is one of the most common types of resin flooring options. Black Rhino Floors from Hartford, Wisconsin, has partnered with world class epoxy flooring manufacturers and we have experience of how to create a marble look for your epoxy floor.
Epoxy coatings can be applied over any concrete as long as the surface is structurally sound and prepared properly. The real trick to quality epoxy application is a suitable preparation to create a good bond between the epoxy and concrete.
Since Epoxy is self-leveling, this floor type is primarily used on level surfaces. We grind high spots and fill low spots which will later level as the epoxy is poured.
Surface preparation is key to the longevity of any concrete coating including an epoxy marble floor. In order for your floor to last decades, our surface preparation method includes grinding the concrete surface with our industrial strength diamond grinding equipment. Things we want to make sure to avoid are dust, dirt, water, moisture, loose or flaking concrete, and old sealers or coatings. These are all “bond breakers” that will negatively affect the lifespan of an epoxy floor.
Epoxy coatings have been protect concrete floors since just after WWII. We don’t know when marbleizing epoxy was first introduced, but it remains popular today. Applying epoxy resin is a bit science and a bit art. We apply our science and experience to ensure you have a durable, long lasting concrete coating, but our artistic crew also ensures a beautiful marbleization of your floor.
PRO’s and CON’s of Using Epoxy on Concrete Floors
- Moderately priced
- Unlimited color options and designs including color and mix-ins
- Highly durable (can last indefinitely – if properly applied in the right environment)
- Resistant to chemicals, oils, and hot tires
- Great adhesion
- Less flexible and abrasion resistant than some other concrete coatings
- Longer dry time than some other concrete coatings
- Potential hazardous vapors when installing
- Cannot be applied in below freezing temperatures
- Not a good outdoor use product (fine for garages)
Epoxy Floor Installation Process
- Step 1: Grind – Black Rhino Floors uses an industrial grade concrete grinding machine with diamond tooling to prepare the surface for proper adhesion.
- Step 2: Repair Floor – Any major crack repairs are done at this point. Based on the amount and type of cracks, there are various methods and materials that can be used in fixing them.
- Step 3: Apply Resinous Base Coat
- Step 4: Apply Epoxy – add the appropriate colors, metallics or glitter
- Step 5: Apply Top Coat
These floors allow for unlimited customization in color, design and traction control, so you have a wide range of choices when it comes to marbleizing your floor. Marbleized epoxy looks so great, some people will even use it as their choice for coating a concrete table or counter top.
A stunning looking marble like conference table will impress your prospects and customers. If you are looking for a cost-effective way to “wow” guests, marbleized epoxy might be the right choice for you.
At Black Rhino Floors, we focus on helping you get durable, beautiful floors. We would enjoy the opportunity to help you design and select the perfect floor for you. Please give us a call today!
Contact us for a free consultation today