Epoxy Concrete Floor Coatings
Black Rhino Floors serves Milwaukee, all Wisconsin, and Northeast Illinois
Epoxy floor coatings are extremely versatile for a basement, garage, retail space, or anywhere you have concrete. Epoxy is one of the most common types of resin flooring options in Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin because of its durability at an affordable price.
Black Rhino Floors uses premium epoxy to cover your floors, but the real secret isn’t in the epoxy. It’s what you do underneath the epoxy that gives you a long lasting coating. We prepare your concrete with our industrial diamond grinding equipment to ensure the concrete will be ready for maximum adhesion with the epoxy.
Your design options with epoxy floor coatings are almost limitless. We can even make impressive conference tables with these coatings! If we can make a conference table look good, just imaging what we can do for a garage or factory floor.
Gone are the days of boring, utilitarian, industrial colors for your floors, unless, of course, that’s what you want! You may have seen added flakes for a granite like look or you might want a marble epoxy floor or you might add patterns of different colors on your floor. We also can add decals with a protective top coating so you can put your company logo or the logo of your favorite team right on the floor!
Epoxy is self-leveling, so this floor type is often used on mostly level surfaces. We grind high spots, fill the low spots and when the material is added, you should have a level floor. As we said, surface preparation is key to making your epoxy floor last for decades. We ensure there are no bond breakers such as dirt, water or moisture, loose concrete flakes, or other old coatings which can make the epoxy pop off in a very short time.
One of the nice things about epoxy is that it has been around for a long time. It is a “sure bet” in the concrete coating family because scientists have only made it better over the decades. As long as the epoxy is applied right and you choose a quality epoxy, you should have no surprises with your floor. We normally apply a primer, a color base coat, and two layers of polyurethane, but it depends on your needs. If you have concrete that has more damage, we may use a mortar system. If you have thermal cycling (significant hot and cold swings in a short period of time), we have other products. You have many more options than most people even imagine, so the best thing to do is to give us a quick call to talk to us about your needs.
What are the PRO’s and CON’s of Using Epoxy on Concrete Floors
- Moderately priced
- Unlimited color options and designs including color and mix-ins
- Highly durable (can last indefinitely – if properly applied in the right environment)
- Resistant to chemicals, oils, and hot tire damage
- Great adhesion
- Less flexible and abrasion resistant
- Longer dry time (longer till your floor is available after work has begun)
- Potential hazardous vapors when installing (we do have friendlier options)
- Cannot be applied in below freezing temperatures
- Not a good outdoor use product
- Difficult to install properly by untrained professionals (air bubbles and imperfections are easy to create)
Overview of the Epoxy Floor Installation Process
- Step 1: Grind – Black Rhino Floors uses an industrial grade concrete grinding machine with diamond tooling to prepare the surface for proper adhesion.
- Step 2: Repair Floor – Any major crack repairs are completed at this point. Based on the amount and type of cracks, there are various methods and materials that can be used in fixing them.
- Step 3: Apply Resinous Base Coat (the primer)
- Step 4: Apply Epoxy – add the appropriate colors and flakes
- Step 5: Apply Top Coat
We have installed epoxy coatings in all sorts of styles and applications in the Milwaukee area and throughout southeastern Wisconsin. If you are looking for high-impact, beautiful floors, adding flakes into the epoxy can create a completely different feel to the floor, especially with glitter or metallic flakes. It creates depth, movement and catches the eye for people who walk your floor.
Why should fun floors only be for retailers? You can can step up from a bland floor to something that really catches the eye, impressing your friends, clients, or employees. Epoxy floors allow for unlimited customization in color and design plus, did we add the right coating actually improves traction control?
At Black Rhino Floors, we focus on helping homeowners protect their concrete, and we help our commercial and industrial customers grow their brand impact and loyalty by providing our epoxy floors, tables and logo installations. We would enjoy the opportunity to help you design and select the perfect floor for you. Please give us a call today!
Contact us for a free consultation today